Hurricane and Starcraft

ricto02

Cadet
Looking at two boats and am undecided. The specs are as follows:
2008 Hurricane FD GS 194 with a 200hp Yamaha F200
2007 Starcraft 1915 OB with Merc Opti 115

Both have low hours 90 and 60 respectively.

Given that the prices are very similar which is a better buy. I dont know OB prices but am assuming the 200 Yama is worth quite a bit more

We are looking to cruise, tube, ski etc

Any thoughts/comments

Thanks

MikePNJ

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Hurricane and Starcraft

They are both nice boats. I have been looking at them myself for a while.

I would go with the bigger Yamaha if both prices were equal and the boats were both equally maintained.

Mike

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Concur, if both boats are in equal condition the Yamaha is the better deal and the Hurricane is a good boat.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Ditto and you won't be sorry for the added ponies with a boat load of folks and a couple of water toys in tow.
Mark

Ernest T

Petty Officer 1st Class

+4 That Hurricane is a nice boat, and it will fly with an F200 on there.

samagy16

Petty Officer 2nd Class

This decision should not be hard. The Hurricane is by far a better boat. Hurricanes are THE BEST selling deck boats and the fact that it has a Yamaha with 85Hp more than the starcraft makes this a no brainer. This will be a close to 45-50 mph boat.

I owned a Hurricane for 6 years and just recently sold it. The fact is I would probably still buy the Hurricane if it had a 115 Yamaha vs. a Starcraft with a 200hp Merc.

You are getting a newer, better boat with a much better and larger engine.

It's not even close. Have fun!

ricto02

Cadet

Thanks everyone for comments. That was what I thought but wanted to confirm as I dont know a lot about Starcraft.

The deposit was already down on the Hurricane so glad the comments were the way they were. $20k total for the boat, mint condition with less than 100 hrs on the yamaha f 200TXR and a 2008 EZ Loader tandem roller trailer. Seems to be a fair price