1985 Evinrude 60 hp tilt trim relays location

lasingle

Recruit
Can't find relays for tilt and trim. followed cable from t/t motor to both switch's and did not find relays.
anyone have any ideas on this engine. found 30 amp fuse inline from battery. Seems crazy but ...need help.
tks

Joe Reeves

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1985 Evinrude 60 hp tilt trim relays location

The cable leading from the PTT electric motor should lead you to a quick disconnect plug. If so, unplug the electric motor.

How many wires does the electric motor have?

Now, operate the PTT up/dn switch. You should hear a click somewhere from either relays or a solenoid. Do you?

If not, someone has wired the PTT improperly which most likely will result in dangerously overheating the UP mode wire.

if its the same as a 70hp from the same year the tilt/trim relay box should be mounted above the air intake box. is the raise lower switch on your controller or is it something added to the dash?

lasingle

Recruit

I have 4 wires plus a lead from switch..thru a connector which picks up 12 volt lead from battery with 30 amp fuse. then up to remote with up down sw and then to bow with up down switch..no relays..i'm lost.
tks

lasingle

Recruit

if its the same as a 70hp from the same year the tilt/trim relay box should be mounted above the air intake box. is the raise lower switch on your controller or is it something added to the dash?

thank, could not locate relays.

lasingle

Recruit

looked at parts for this motor and they only show cables without relays. I think this year must have taken a big chance and didn't use relays. Just let it burn up switches I guess.

thanks