1996 Mercury 115 outboard

J.N.

Recruit
Hello everyone ! I was wondering if someone could help me out with some info ? I recently changed my impeller/waterpump and put the lower unit back into place and now no water is spitting out the hole and my prop is spinning while in neutral.. I might have accidently spun the shaft in the wrong direction while it was out and i guess it got stuck in gear or popped out of gear whichever and now i'm confused on how to get the splines back to where they were. :confused: I'm not sure if that has to do with the water not pumping up into the motor and spitting out either ! Please help !!!! Did i mess my motor up? :facepalm:

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1996 Mercury 115 outboard

A spinning prop is normal.
It just friction turning it.
The pump might not have alligned right when re-installed.The tube or connector not lined up.
Try a piece of weed eater line in the whisser hole,might be blocked.
If it's locked in gear while in neutral.Then you need to drop and install again.

J.N.

Recruit
Re: 1996 Mercury 115 outboard

I will have to try that Jerry... Will let u know how i do and absolutely will post to let everyone know how and what exactly i did for sure because i wouldn't want anyone going through this little mess up that can drive you crazy. Lol