trim switch

Sangster21

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I am in the process of doing a restore on a 1976 Sangster with the 165 Mercruiser 6 cyl and MC1 drive. I have the trim limit switch in the outdrive not on the bellhousing pivot. I understand you can't get the switch anymore. I also have the hydraulic trim position sender. I am doing a complete re wire, so can I totally delete these items? Apparently the trim gauge is of limited use anyway. Also, can I replace the old 3 button trim switch with a rocker style trim switch similar to a trim tab switch?
Alan

Bondo

Staff member
Re: trim switch

I am in the process of doing a restore on a 1976 Sangster with the 165 Mercruiser 6 cyl and MC1 drive. I have the trim limit switch in the outdrive not on the bellhousing pivot. I understand you can't get the switch anymore. I also have the hydraulic trim position sender. I am doing a complete re wire, so can I totally delete these items? Apparently the trim gauge is of limited use anyway. Also, can I replace the old 3 button trim switch with a rocker style trim switch similar to a trim tab switch?
Alan

Ayuh,... Ya, you can delete those, but ya gotta keep the reverse lock....

'n, Ya, you can use a rocker, or toggle switch...