Points conversion inline 6

joeypizzano

Cadet
So is anyone familiar with the mallory electronic conversion kit? My inline 6 currently has petronix kit. But I have no spark. Yes I have power at the coil The coil that's there say's use with an external resistor but there isn't one. The guy's at Marine part's sold me a new coil with external resistor and so i said hell with it give me a new mallory conversion kit as well. Am i on the right track? How should i wire this new configuration?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Points conversion inline 6

So is anyone familiar with the mallory electronic conversion kit? My inline 6 currently has petronix kit. But I have no spark. Yes I have power at the coil The coil that's there say's use with an external resistor but there isn't one. The guy's at Marine part's sold me a new coil with external resistor and so i said hell with it give me a new mallory conversion kit as well. Am i on the right track? How should i wire this new configuration?

Ayuh,.... Exactly as stated in the Instructions....

Oldrod 47

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Points conversion inline 6

Get the installation manual for Pertronix, it will tell you that you need 12 volts for it to operate, does not use a resistor at the coil to drop the voltage to 6 v that the points type ignition uses. trouble shot what you have before throwing parts at it. You can go to the pertronix web site for more information.