Cut out switch wiring?

xtremefisher1

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Can any tell me if i was to run the white wire from the saftey switch directly to the start solinoid instead of the cut out switch? also instead of running the magneto wire from the mag to the cut out switch and directly to the key would that work? i am making a new harness for my outboard and i am putting the starter solinoid under the cowl.

any and all help and info is appreciated!!!!

its a 1963 40 hp big twin
model # 40353

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Cut out switch wiring?

Sure it would work, but why do you want to eliminate the cut-out switch? It was put there for a purpose.

xtremefisher1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I dont want to eliminate the switch the the bulk of wires inside the engine cover !! if i was to just remove the wires off the switch will that make it not operate correctly?

like i said in my first post i am rewiring the whole motor and boat side so i am positive about the wiring not going to fail on me, caused by old wiring .

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

All the wiring routed in the cowl is necessary, none can be omitted without issues. If it could have the bean counters at OMC would have trust me.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

It certainly isn't going to work if you remove the wires from it.

xtremefisher1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

good to know!! thanks F_R . i will add the wires back to it and set it up that way again