2003 Yamaha vx225TLRB o2 sensor

Brprogator

Recruit
Hey guys. My first post so please go easy.
I'm replacing the o2 sensor and needed to know what the tightening torque Spec should be? 2003 vx225TLRB

Tucker99

Seaman Apprentice
Re: 2003 Yamaha vx225TLRB o2 sensor

Have to check the book tonight. I'm also replacing one of mine. Cheez an 03 and need to replace it already?? Did you test it correctly?

Brprogator

Recruit

Hey guys. My first post so please go easy.
I'm replacing the o2 sensor and needed to know what the tightening torque Spec should be? 2003 vx225TLRB

I just bought the boat and the previous owner never cleaned it. It looks like there is a small hairline crack on it so I'm
Replacing it, the draw tube, washer and o-ring. Thought it would be better to be safe than sorry. Yamaha is proud of those OEM parts but worth it. I would have just cleaned it and went on but don't want to chance it. Thanks for the reply and look forward to the answer.

Tucker99

Seaman Apprentice

My book says 32-lbs. But that's an OX66. You have the HPDI right?? I don't have a washer and o-ring. My 02 replacement parts are a 2-piece gasket set, sensor, and draw tube. Are you soaking the housing while waiting for the sensor to arrive.

Brprogator

Recruit

My book says 32-lbs. But that's an OX66. You have the HPDI right?? I don't have a washer and o-ring. My 02 replacement parts are a 2-piece gasket set, sensor, and draw tube. Are you soaking the housing while waiting for the sensor to arrive.

mine is the vmax vx225TLRB 0X66. Just got the parts in and it's the sensor, draw tube, o-ring, metal washer and housing gasket. i'm soaking the housing and hope to get it all installed tomorrow. The 32 lbs should work for me then. Where could i get a book??? Thanks.

Tucker99

Seaman Apprentice

Well since Iboats is a Yamaha dealer that would be a good start. I do not recommend the Seloc book. I got that first and it covers too wide of a range of motors. The factory shop manual is the best IMHO. About $80 but worth it. Also, the 02 sensor and TPS are the main sources of input for the ECU to tune timing and mixture on the fly. Recommend getting the test harness' for both. I'm willing to bet you need to sync & link and your TPS is out of spec. Both easily correctable and nothing to buy other than the book.