Evinrude 9.5 9622a

ScubaSteve1!

Recruit
I have a Evinrude 9.5 9622a and it pops in and out of forward gear at mid to full throttle. I'm not sure of the problem and do not know if it is worth $ fixing it. any ideas!

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Evinrude 9.5 9622a

Its might be the clutch dog, or just the linkage needs adjusting, can you hold the shift lever in fwrd and keep it from popping out of gear? you can get most parts for this engine on e-bay and others, If the rest of the engine is in good shape I think it would be well worth fixing and keeping, great motors.

Beek14

Petty Officer 1st Class

Does it pop out and quickly reengage as if you hit a rock or stump? Then it is yes probably worn ears on the clutch dog/ forward gear. However if it is popping out and staying out, I would also guess a linkage problem.

ScubaSteve1!

Recruit

I have a Evinrude 9.5 9622a and it pops in and out of forward gear at mid to full throttle. I'm not sure of the problem and do not know if it is worth $ fixing it. any ideas!

After opening up the lower case I found that it had no seal on the outside. The front bushing was worn out as was the shifter dog and cradl. I did find a used but good lower case though. Not easy to get parts for this year as they are rare. Need to find a good supplier.