F15CEP Problems

Blakes

Recruit
Hi everyone, hope somebody can help me here, this problem has been driving me up the wall for months now!

We have 3 identical Yamaha f15 2009 outboards, the problem is that one of them is running rich (black plugs), losing power, and after measuring the pressure in all of the engines it's appears to be a higher pressure than the other 2 outboards. It is all producing very black and oily exhaust.

We have already changed the plugs, redex'd the engine and all of the obvious. We were thinking perhaps a problem with the automatic choke (start primer)?

I should mention at this point that one of our instructors allowed the engine to overheat after burning out an impeller. We have since replaced the impeller and removed all the remaining parts of the impeller from the water jacket. (initially this led me to believe that it could be a head gasket, but the pressure is identical in both cycinders)

Thanks in advance,

Dave

robert graham

Admiral
Re: F15CEP Problems

The first thing to check would be a faulty choke/enrichening device. Then maybe faulty thermostat/cooling system not allowing engine to reach normal operating temperature(rich mixture). Good Luck!:)