pre purchase research 2000 115 merc. Where can I find information on this motor?

eric80

Cadet
Hi, I'm looking at buying a boat and motor.
I'd like to do some research on the motor ahead of time.

Since it's a day's drive to get to it and a ferry ride with costs of over $400. i.e. Specs on the motor, any knowledge forums on issues with the motor.
Does the motor have a hard drive that a mechanice can hook up to and give me information on the condition, hours etc?
Does anyone know where I can go to get this information?

2000 Merc 115 serial number 0T052205 ELPTO

I gather it is a year 2000, 115 hp 2 stroke.
A part of this research is to figure out what this motor is worth to sell with the idea of upgrading it to a four stroke.
thanks in advance
cheers
eric80

Mi duckdown

Commander
Re: pre purchase research 2000 115 merc. Where can I find information on this motor?

WHAT? Do Your own Homework.
SORRY having a Bad Day

eric80

Cadet
Re: pre purchase research 2000 115 merc. Where can I find information on this motor?

Hi, I'm looking at buying a boat and motor.
I'd like to do some research on the motor ahead of time.

Since it's a day's drive to get to it and a ferry ride with costs of over $400. i.e. Specs on the motor, any knowledge forums on issues with the motor.
Does the motor have a hard drive that a mechanice can hook up to and give me information on the condition, hours etc?
Does anyone know where I can go to get this information?

2000 Merc 115 serial number 0T052205 ELPTO

I gather it is a year 2000, 115 hp 2 stroke.
A part of this research is to figure out what this motor is worth to sell with the idea of upgrading it to a four stroke.
thanks in advance
cheers
eric80

Hey mi Duck, I'm pretty new at this and notice my reply to your 'homework' comment does not show up. could you make it viewable to everyone.
so...yes I can and will source the value of this motor what I am getting at is some model years are better than others.
Merc had issues with their four strokes for example.
I'm looking for specs and history on this model year cheers