Is this a bilge outlet?

texasvet54

Petty Officer 1st Class
I finally bought my first bass boat last summer, a 1992 ProCraft with a 90 hp Mercury. Now I'm taking a look at it before the season starts and I'm beginning to think that my bilge pumps aren't working. I'm basing this on the fact that I tugged on a hose located behind the fuel tank in the stern and it wasn't connected to the Attwood pump, which I can see behind the fuel tank. It looks like it snapped off of the pump as the outlet port is broken off in the hose.

I also have another unit that looks like a pump and it is mounted to the other side of the round black fitting on the left side of the attached picture, next to the drain hole. Can anyone tell me what it is and how it works? Is it a backup for the bilge pump with the broken fitting?

Also, aside from tagging all of the electrical and fuel lines prior to removing the tank, is there anything else that I should be aware of?

Thanks,
texasvet

Attachments

• ProCraft stern.jpg
    ProCraft stern.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 0

cpubud

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Is this a bilge outlet?

my guess would be the one on the left with screen is intake to livewell. the one on the right is the bilge pump thru hull outlet. the one in the center is drain plug. but without traking down each one its impossible to 100% sure.

NYBo

Admiral

I think the one on the right is the livewell drain. The bilge pump outlet is usually above the waterline. Is there a fitting on one of the sides that looks like that right-hand one?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Bilge pumps don't exit the boat from below the water line.
What you need to do is trace the lines from each thru-hull fitting to it's pump. Then and only then will you know what they are.

texasvet54

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bilge pumps don't exit the boat from below the water line.
What you need to do is trace the lines from each thru-hull fitting to it's pump. Then and only then will you know what they are.

After finally removing my 21 gallon fuel tank along with the 8 or 10 gallons of fuel, I discovered that it is the live well aerator pump of the Attwood A500 model 4240 variety. That's the good news. The bad news is that it seems that that particular pump is no longer made. So, I'll be going to Academy tomorrow to see if another pump will fit the base of the pump that I had to remove due to a broken output port.

texasvet