"River Monster's" Jeremy Wade Comes to Town

sasto

Captain
Sharks abound around here. I often see them daily while diving in the marina. Jeremy came to town for some shark fishing with one of our well known, and well liked, shark fisherman. Although I don't advocate shark fishing, Wade truely cares about the enviroment.

Here is a link to our local news for anybody interested. A local surfer friend of mine (of course, he owns a tiki bar!!!!) was bitten recently and mentioned in the article. http://www.tcpalm.com/news/2012/mar/22/treasure-coast-stars-in-season-opener-of-river/

Tight Lines!

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: "River Monster's" Jeremy Wade Comes to Town

There was a program today on Monster Fish of our area on the Great White. They are around with the growing population of seals. There has been an electronic tagging program and a dozen or so great whites summer here, end up along the florida coast around November.

We never had great whites until the explosion of the seal population.

fisherguy123

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: "River Monster's" Jeremy Wade Comes to Town

We never had great whites until the explosion of the seal population.
The seal explosion is going to greatly increase even more since the European and Russian markets are now closed to Canadian seal products . At one time the seal hunt for Newfoundland and maritimes was very viable and helped to keep the herds in check a bit. Since the present seal hunt is almost dead in the water, the herds have rebounded out of control.......there are an estimated 9 million seals off of our coast now.......I have seen them 10 miles up our salmon rivers and into freshwater lakes where they were unheard of before......