cant find the closed end rivets

bob johnson

Rear Admiral
I called Rivets in stock....they dint have any in stock....go figure

I had four sizes.... they were out of all of them.

i am looking for all aluminum closed end blind rivets with a round head.

two lengths in 3/16ths dia
and two lengths in 1/4" dia

the lengths were .020-.125
and .126-.250

I looked elswhere.. but most places were closed already, others wanted to sell 5000
and others had a min order of $50, but they might of had only one or two sizes..( he offered to sell me 50 each of 2 different sizes for $50. I told him id pass.

I know the 1/4 dia is a tough one to find...

I think i want the larger size to clean up some holes. some previous owners on my boat butchered a bunch of holes and I figure if i open them up to .250 Ill have nice round clean holes...

and i dont want a steel mandrel..

or id prefer NOT to have one

if I have to to...then ill guess ill cover the rivet well with 5200 and paint over it... this boat will be used exclusively in salt water.

anyone know of a source for less than 100 rivets in 1/4' dia all aluminum closed end blind rivets9 also called sealing blind rivets)

thanks

bob

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: cant find the closed end rivets

McMaster-Carr has 3/16 .063-.125 and .126-.250 in quantities of 100. If you can use them, no good on the 1/4" though. Good luck in your search.

Last edited:

DougyB

Petty Officer 2nd Class

and dont worry that mcmaster does not give you a shipping price. They ship quick (3 days for my order) and only banged me $5.00 shipping which isnt bad

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Man I bought mine of Ebay. Sold them in many sizes and from 20pcs. up to 1000pcs.