Renken19- In California Restro

Newbie here! Bought an 81 Renken on the cheap last summer. Got totally hosed by the local crooks at the shop. Sterndrive needed rebuilding, shop 1 did the work then when we put the boat in the water, transom was leaking.

Shop 2 did everything over. Needless to say, $4500 now into a $600 boat.

BUT! I am going to love this boat to death!:):)

Inline 6 is rock solid. Transom is solid now. Stern-outdrive is brand new. (dahhh for what I put into it--it should be gold plated).

I can do pictures.

I am working on wiring. Big conglomerate of mess of wires. I need to eliminate all the bad wiring. Tach does not work, so I really want to just buy a new tach then wire it up.

Flooring is so-soo in area, but not crumbling.
Seats are ok.
I do need to paint it on one side, so I will do both when I get to it next month.

Had it in the water once. (Owned since July 2011)--its been in the shops since September. It hauled *** and sounded so sweet with that 165 back there. Trims worked. I am putting on fins at the cavatation plates. I towed it to the lake with a 4 banger Nissan 4x4. It stuggled! This baby is heavy.

I could use some help on wiring. Grounding and other things. Where would or could I locate a schematics???

Thanks!

Central Cal!:D

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Renken19- In California Restro

Welcome to iBoats!

This is a basic boat wiring diagram. Should help get you started on the right track.

11666d1172161592-typical-wiring-schematic-diagram-instrumentpanelwiring.jpg