need help with monitor 3 panel

scott nacke

Recruit
I have a 1978 Ranger v 178. The control panel in the front of my boat where the trolling motor plugs into haves some broken switches and I would like to get everything working again. Especially the battery test. Where could I get more info and parts for it. Any help is appreciated.

2012-03-20_13-47-47_301.jpg

scott nacke

Recruit
Re: need help with monitor 3 panel

Usually I can search and find anything on the internet sooner or later but trying to find anything out about these panels or even to find replacement parts is the hardest search I've ever done. It's like its TOP SECRET or something.

I'm really frustrated.:confused:

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Remove the panel, look at the backs of the switches. Take pictures. Then go to Radio Shack and buy replacements. They may not look exactly like what you have but electricity doesn't care about that. Any switch on a boat is not a mystery. They are available almost anywhere from your local hardware store to military surplus stores, or right here on IBOATS. A two terminal switch is a simple ON-OFF version and is the most common. They are used to power lights, pumps, aerators, and any other electrical device. ON-OFF-ON switches will have three terminals and are used to power two separate devices with one switch such as the bow and stern NAV lights. This style of switch is available in a six terminal version as well which means the switch is like having two separate switches in one housing. These are used for NAV lights as well and may very well be used on your boat to control the 12/24/RUN/CHARGE function. Terms like SPST (single pole-single throw), SPDT (single pole-double throw) and DPDT (double pole-double throw) are used to electrically describe switches.

scott nacke

Recruit

thank you silvertip!!! I do have one of them with the 6 legs in the back.