Need wiring diagram or color chart for 3 cyl 50hp merc mariner

txfirerescue21

Recruit
Hey guys. I'm in real need of a wiring diagram for a 50 hp 3 cylinder Mercury Mariner. The first four numbers on the clamp to the mount read 1440-????. I think its a 1989 model motor. The problem Im having is the switch is completely destroyed and instead of replacing it I would like to put the switches on the dash rather than the control box. I need to know how what wires go to what and how the engine uses each wire. The wire colors are 1Red, 1Yel/Red, 1Yel/Blk, 1Grey, 1Purple, 1Blk/Yel. I do know yel/red go to starter sol and yel/blk go to choke coil. The blk/yel goes to the merc switch but I'm not sure what to do with it. Grey goes to the rect but also not sure what to do with it. Purple is open as there isnt a pin in the connector on the motor side. Not sure if the red is power to the motor or power to the switch. If any body can figure out my rambling it would really help. I got this boat for free in good condition and the motor for very cheap. It runs with gas just being put into it and started but wont stay running once the starter disengages it. I'm assuming wiring problem.