Factory INstalled Depth Finder and Hummingbird Depth FInder

dhildebrand

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 2010 Q7 SF. I mounted the hummingbird transducer by installing a tee fitting on the drain tube from the small compartment on the starboard side and routed the wire through it. No additional hole in the transom. Anyway as it turns out the best place to mount the transducer was beside a small wire that was already installed and routed down and stops at a small (brass?) fitting. Is this the transducer for the factory installed Depth finder? I believe it to be the temperature sensor for the factory unit. Anyway, when the Hummingbird unit is on, the factory unit will work for about one minute and then lock up showing a depth of .4 feet. If I turn off the hummingbird and reset the Factory installed unit, it will work. Turn on the Hummingbird and it stops within one minute. Anybody out there have any ideas to the cause and a possible fix? Hummingbird seems to work either way.

Last edited:

AgentJ

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Factory INstalled Depth Finder and Hummingbird Depth FInder

i have she same problem. send me an email with your number in it and ill tell you my horror story. sgtpunisher@yahoo.com

Jason

will2kz

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Factory INstalled Depth Finder and Hummingbird Depth FInder

Hmm, maybe my problem too? My Humminbird worked well for about 2 weeks then all of a sudden it seemed to lose sensitivity. I thought it might have gotten bumped out of position as its transom mounted, but taking it through each position did not change anything. I did unplug the stock depth finder but it didn't change anything either. The stock depthfinder seems to work OK, it goes fritzy every now and then. It does not tell the temperature at all, just flashes 140 all the time.
Tell us your "horror story" so we know if this is a problem we will all have. Yes I mounted my transducer right next to the factory wire that runs down the back, I presume that is a depthfinder as well.