how should i fix a inspection hole

boat had silicon in the back on the stringer side that was painted the same color as the rest of the inside back. this made me curious so i pulled it out to find a shallow hole drilled into the stringer i guess that it was a inspection hole. wood is solid so thats a good sign but whats the correct way to seal it.....i have epoxy resin and 6oz cloth and i was thinking pb (dont realy understand the talc bit) or marine bondo then a few bits of 6oz over it but do i wire brush first or grind or use a cemical to clean it first?
stringer.jpg

sorry about the white powder its insecticide after i found some type of larve on a piece of wood in the back and kinda freaked that it might have been termites - woodworm or something and i didnt want them there as i had just exposed it by pulling out the silicon

p.s dont fell bad if you carnt understand my spelling spell check couldnt either

rickryder

Commander
Re: how should i fix a inspection hole

Clean out the hole,sand around the area about 3-4" wipe down with acetone.

Resin cabisol and 1/4" milled fibers or chopped up csm. Pack PB into hole some csm over it and then some cloth. Paint or gel coat.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: how should i fix a inspection hole

the above is correct.

grind the area....clean with acetone.....then the thickened resin.....the paint or gell