carbs

mhcooper84

Seaman Apprentice
when putting new gaskets on a 60hp evinrude 90's model is there anything important I need to remember, It comes with a float as well??

Barnacle_Bill

Admiral
Re: carbs

Carb kits do not come with floats. Some of them don't even have a new needle and seat which is more important than the gaskets.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

the float should not need replaced unless it has a hole and no longer floats:D because it is bent rubbing the side of the bowl:facepalm:

mhcooper84

Seaman Apprentice

Carb kits do not come with floats. Some of them don't even have a new needle and seat which is more important than the gaskets.

http://www.nicksoutboardmarine.com/catalogpg328.html

That's the kit, the place I bought it from only charged me 20 a piece tho. yea I replaced it all I was already going to replace the leaky gaskets, so figured go ahead and replace the float and needles too since its in the kits. I have to say It was a pretty big difference almost 10 mph difference went from 32 mph to 42 mph. In all my first carb kit was pretty simple my 125 mercury has been sitting for a few years and aren't feeding fuel so cross my fingers that it isn't going to be too difficult.