Black Tie event

vincechig1975

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am almost done with my 470 and wow did it turn out nice......HPIM1899.jpg, from here then to IMG00061.jpgIMG00060.jpghere and now to thisIMG00162.jpgIMG00163.jpg:D

kilowatts

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Black Tie event

Hi 1975:

Wow, you sure made a terrific job of the overhaul. Not sure about the nail polish though! Nice job.

kilowatts

vincechig1975

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys but it's not nail polish, it's red ( I thought the same thing when I first saw it myself) the pic makes it look pink believe me it made me take a second look as well. It's been overhauled from the bottom up, new everything.....had the head ported and polished and pressure checked and the old valves and rods were reused (all the same length) the only replacement were the valve stem seals. I am really proud of this rebuild. I wanted it to look it's best and be a great runner. Total into it= 900.00 this includes a new crank and rods n mains n standard rings, nothing performance just a hone and rering and bottom end, they also replaced the cam seals, front and rear main seals for me ( I was too lazy to do it myself) so I just asked em if they would mind installing it while it was apart they said sure it only takes a few minutes longer. The paint job I did in a day the Red paint ( not pink) was to off set certain aspects for looks. I used High Temp paint from Krylon and primed ( waited for 3days for it to cure) then made light coats of Black using painters tape to cover the decals which make the red stand out a bit more, then after it dried I painted the Red on and waited for it to dry and then used Enamel Clear on it which gives it a bit more of a glossy effect and looks better. I looked at the photo of the valve cover and the Mercruiser stickers even look pink ......:rolleyes:

vincechig1975

Petty Officer 1st Class

Be mindful that I am not a 3.7 fan but this one was worth salvaging and refreshing. I replaced it with a 4.3 Chevy and will have photos of it later, without a pink effected camera. I took some more photos today and they look red....I'll upload em tomorrow evening. These include some of the trailer work being completed which will be in a trailer repair forum, this was bad.