Please help!!! Tach question

Greg3000

Cadet
Can someone help The seloc book I have says the gray wire leaving the control box goes to terminal #2 is the tach lead this wire does go there there is supposed to also be a yellow wire with gray stripe leaving same terminal going to the stator however this wire is on terminal #3 with another yellow with gray stripe that goes to the rectifier and lead assem. Do I take wire going to stator and move it or put tach lead on terminal #3 thanks for any help

Greg3000

Cadet
Re: Please help!!! Tach question

It's a 77 70hp Johnson I have another power head same yr and hp it's showing same wiring

boobie

Supreme Mariner

You can put the gray tach wire to either the yellow or yellow/gray wire coming from the stator. Makes no difference.

Greg3000

Cadet

You can put the gray tach wire to either the yellow or yellow/gray wire coming from the stator. Makes no difference.
Thanks Boobie you are always the man when it comes to my engine always right on the money! So ur basically saying I can move it is it alright to connect it to the stator yellow/gray even if the same terminal goes to the rectifier? Thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner

By the way, I read your other post and set your tach to the 6 P position.