Frank

Btrent1999@gmail.com

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1995 force 120 runs very strong looks like it has very low hours should I be running some sea foam or some type of additive in it thx frank

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: Frank

Personally, I consider all these additives to be "snake oil" and good for increasing the cost of your fuel. Sometimes as a "Hail Mary" move to free stuck rings I might try a dose.

However, there are a lot of people on these forums who swear by them. SO: Search the forum, read the opinions, and make an informed decision as to whether or not you want to use them. Remember: The manufacturer did not make it mandatory to use these compounds.

Eazzy

Seaman

Frank how does one become so wise for your age? :D CLEAN LIVIN;)

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Well, Grasshopper: I only look 67. I am really 23 but have lived a debouched life-- Sex and drugs, and rock and roll. Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

When I finally buy the "Brass Handled Buick" or "Turf Toyota" and take the long dirt nap with the engraved granite headboard, I won't have any regrets.

I have a 1995 force 120 runs very strong looks like it has very low hours should I be running some sea foam or some type of additive in it thx frank

You said it yourself... "runs strongs/low hours." Why would you put an additive in it? Frank is correct, for the most part. Additives are a last resort and typically a cheap "fix." Used car dealers will pour in a can of seafoam to "blowout" the carbs when what they need is a good cleaning and rebuild. The pour additives in because it's cheap and get the car through an inspection. Your best bet is clean fuel, regular maintenance, and keep it running regularly.