1957 35 evinrude

Thanks to joe reeves i just found out i have a 1957 35hp Evinrude model number 25532. now i am trying to figure out the diffidence between big twin and lark or possibly javlin. Can someone help me? Also, it seems like a great motor, anyone have any complaints? Just want to know what I have gotten myself into. Thanks.

Mas

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1957 35 evinrude

The color and the hood is the only difference...everything else is the same for the same year. The only exception might be the addition of starter, generator, and electric choke.

Mas

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

The Lark and Javelin models were deluxe versions and had extra chrome trim, different paint detail, and came with electric start & choke as standard. Electric start was an option on the Big Twin/Sea Horse versions.

kfa4303

Banned

SCORE!!!! Great find. A '57 35 hp is my dream engine. Although, I think I like the '58 Johnson paint job better than the various e-rude models. Yeah, "Lark" and "Javelin" were just top 'o the line versions of Evinrude and Johnson respectively. If you should find an nice, intact Javelin, most folks here will happily take it off your hands, or karate chop you for it :) Everybody loves bling. No complaints on these old girls. Just big (but surprisingly light weight), cool lookin', reliable motors that can pull a tree stump out of the ground. Keep us posted. We'd love to see some pics of that old beauty. Here's a handy link to get you started bringing her back to life. You should be able to get virtually any routine parts you may need right here at iboats too. An entire tuen up from top to bottom should be less than $150 tops. Congrats!

http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/04/s/columns/max/24/index.cfm

I am in love with this motor. It is a little rough looking now. It ran great. I have a little work to get it running, but nothing hard. I will post pics later.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

I love the '57 lineup, I almost have the whole Johnson and Evinrude lineup from '57....with a few spares ;)

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

If you need/want one, I can send you a copy of the service manual for your motor. Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you a copy.