Johnson 200

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Just looking to see what people think i need to do to get my boat ready for the water would this be good enough. Impller,plugs,zinc's thermostat and fuel filter? Or does anyone suggest anything else for me on this one

SparkieBoat

Captain
Re: Johnson 200

make sure the carbs/injectors are clean..and test your overheat alarm. check all fuel lines for dry rot..and all electrical connections for loose or corrosion. also change gear case oil and check for water intrusion.

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

make sure the carbs/injectors are clean..and test your overheat alarm. check all fuel lines for dry rot..and all electrical connections for loose or corrosion. also change gear case oil and check for water intrusion.

Ok how do I check the alarm also do I need all the things I said in the list ? Besides what you have said that's all I should need to do correct?

SparkieBoat

Captain

you need to give me the year and model number of the motor for more specific info. 200 Johnson could be anything.

w2much

Lieutenant

All of the above plus check for fuel/air leaks you do not want to run lean. Timing and link and sync also a must.

dehydrated

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ground the tan wire at the sensor, should pick up a good manual best money spent

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ground the tan wire at the sensor, should pick up a good manual best money spent

I have one i didn't see that in there i was looking thats why i asked where do you see if you do ?

SparkieBoat

Captain

near the top center of each head cover should be a sensor with a tan wire coming out of it.

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

near the top center of each head cover should be a sensor with a tan wire coming out of it.

Thanks Sparkie I did give you the model number of the motor do you suggest i do anything else ex. should i just get the impeller or the whole water pump kit for one and any thing else you can suggest thanks

SparkieBoat

Captain

just the impeller should be fine, so long as the rest of the pump housing is ok. sounds like you about got it covered.
if you want to get a DVA adapter so you can test the stator and powerpack and regulator/rectifier, coils..there are 2 links in my sig, one is for a cheap dva adapter, the other is a free test guide. this will help to find a weaking stator or coils or spot a bad regulator/rectifier before it damages the stator or leaves you stranded.

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just the impeller should be fine, so long as the rest of the pump housing is ok. sounds like you about got it covered.
if you want to get a DVA adapter so you can test the stator and powerpack and regulator/rectifier, coils..there are 2 links in my sig, one is for a cheap dva adapter, the other is a free test guide. this will help to find a weaking stator or coils or spot a bad regulator/rectifier before it damages the stator or leaves you stranded.

Do you mind if I private msg you sparkie?

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Also guys can someone suggest or tell me what i need for a torque wrench i looked in the book seems like some bolts need more than 150lbs of torque or will i be fine with that one for my heads? replacing my dflectors if anyone can help i need to get this done today
thanks guys

dehydrated

Petty Officer 1st Class

you actually need 2 one that measures foot pounds and one that measures in inch pounds, the only nut that requires 150lbs is the flywheel nut heads are generally 20 to 22 lbs

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

you actually need 2 one that measures foot pounds and one that measures in inch pounds, the only nut that requires 150lbs is the flywheel nut heads are generally 20 to 22 lbs

Can i just get one from lets say auto zone also what i need to ask how do i tell what bolts are in the heads i took one out but the book just tells me 9/16 12 or 18 how do i tell what bolt that is do i just count the threads? The wrench i found is http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...ue-wrench/_/N-25fw?itemIdentifier=914019_0_0_
should that be good enough for the heads so i can get this done? thanks again

dehydrated

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would say without checking you would be fine with that there are 18 head bolts starting in the middle at 1 there is a circling sequence /for torquing most heads have those numbers embossed on them, Are you sure your up to these tasks? most head bolts are 7/16ths

mobgod

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would say without checking you would be fine with that there are 18 head bolts starting in the middle at 1 there is a circling sequence /for torquing most heads have those numbers embossed on them, Are you sure your up to these tasks? most head bolts are 7/16ths

OK I just took a bolt off it's 1/2 also in this motor total of 28 do you have GTalk or aim where we can chat real quick maybe I can email you the picture or something like that plz :)