Madin voyage 12ft lowe V-hull

MWG2600

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally got my boat going thanks to everyone on iboats help, Learned a lot today! I thought it seized up at wot it died, Still pulled over normal. Turned out the gas tank vent had vibrated shut, I thought i had just seized my rebuilt motor without 3 hours on it. good to know it was something so simple.

Not to mention that when i left the ramp, It was only running on one cylinder! ( I had checked the part number of the top spark plug and forgot to put the plug wire back on the plug!!! Made me feel stupid and smart at the same time! Took me about 200 yards to figer why i was going 3.5mph at wot!

kfa4303

Banned
Re: Madin voyage 12ft lowe V-hull

you and the boat made it home in one piece, so it must've gone well enough :) always a few hiccups first time on the water. you'll be a pro in no time. congrats on the trip and engine rebuild! vroom-vroom!!!

1973Chieftain

Lieutenant

Congrats! The first run is more of a shake down cruise or making a list of what to fix when you get back.... glad yours was the first!

5150abf

Vice Admiral

There is almost always someithing that doesn't go right but you figured it all out and made it home so it was a good trip.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

I have definitely done the vent thing myself. Also had a dead cylinder once too on my friend's boat. I took the cover off the motor just to make sure there wasn't a loose plug or something (I really know nothing about motors and had little business being under there) and when I was poking around, one of the wires fell out of the plug socket. I was like "well there's your problem!!" :p