alpha 1 gen 2 gasket question

fd5298

Cadet
I removed the outdrive from my boat when i winterized it last year(marina usually did it for me). Im going to be reinstalling it in the next few days. What gaskets/seals do i need to replace when putting it back on? Thanks in advance for the help! Its a 2004 alpha 1 gen 2.

dubs283

Vice Admiral
Re: alpha 1 gen 2 gasket question

sierra part # 18-2619-1D

available right here on iboats

maybe order a few for subsequent drive pull/installs

don't forget to check engine alignment, transom component inspection, and greasing components

ktbarrentine

Lieutenant

Cool tip....go to a good parts website like mercruiserparts.com or crowleymarine.com. Put in your engine/drive data (numbers) and pull up a nice exploded view of your drive, your engine, etc, and see the parts list appear before your eyes! Also recommend getting the manual for your equipment (right on this website), to guide you through the parts, the replacement, the torques, lubes, etc. Best of luck to you and happy boating! (Give a man a fish.....Teach a man to fish......)

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Merc part number is 27-94996Q2. This kit gives you the gasket, and all the 'O' rings for a leg pull.

Chris.....

Brew2

Chief Petty Officer

Definitely buy more than one gasket. Had to make a return trip to the parts store after accidentally ripping the gasket while trying to install the outdrive by myself. With that in mind, having an extra set of hands available to help with the reinstall would be a good idea.

Brew

fd5298

Cadet

Thanks for the help, ordered the gaskets today. I have the manual but are there any tips
Or tricks to make the job easier? Thanks

cr2k

Captain

Are you pullin my leg? You do mean drive right?