opinions/feedback on electrical anchor winches tangling and jamming

SadieWood

Recruit
Hi all,

I am currently getting feedback on electrical anchor winches tangling, jamming and knotting. Any feedback from people who have experienced this would be great!

Cheers
Sadie

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander
Re: opinions/feedback on electrical anchor winches tangling and jamming

Had the same issue- the line was twistwed.
on my old boat I ran into this--- on the trailer- I released alot of the line out( carried the anchor away from the boat). Had the wife press the switch button. On the retrival I kept tension on the line and un-twisted the line when it started to bind-- no more problem .

SadieWood

Recruit
issues with jamming/tangling with electric ancor winches

issues with jamming/tangling with electric ancor winches

Hi all,

I would love any feedback from people who have had issues with tangling and jamming when using an electric anchor winch. I am trying to establish how much of an issue this is so all kinds of opinions would be of great help

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: issues with jamming/tangling with electric ancor winches

Re: issues with jamming/tangling with electric ancor winches

I have run a Minn Kota deck hand for 2-3 years and I can think of maybe once the rope jumped the spool and that was kinda my fault becuase I unloaded it and was just running line in so I would say it is a none issue.

If you do get one just watch stopping it suddenly with the weight of the anchor on it or revesring suddenly, as a safety thing to protect the motor they use a nylon drive gear and it will strip, they are super cheap and take 5-10 minutes to replace.

I was wiring in a dash switch and was running it up and down alot and reversing with the full anchor weigh so that is what stripped the gear, it wasn't normal use and I would highly reccomend them, no issues.

Oh and if you get one get a breaker on it, it comes with an inline fuse and once it is blow it is blown, you can also get a breaker type fuse for them that resets.