newbie help

aters

Recruit
Hey guys I'm new here. I recently bought a bass hunter 2 man boat. It's 9 ft long. When I first bought it it had 2 holes on each side of the hull where it curves down to the bottom of the boat. The holes where about 5/16 inch in diameter. I called the company and ordered a patch kit it came with some green looking glue and some fiberglass cloth. So I made sure I drained it real well then apllied the patch kit to the boat. Well I took it out this past weekend and it feud great but as I was putting in boat I heard some water sloshing around so I took a drill and drill two small holes to let the water drain again and patched them up with jb waterweld havnt had it back on the water yet. Where can the water be entering at? Can it enter around the metal handles or what? What should I do? Can I add a plug of some sort to the back of the boat to drain every now and them ? Is the foam inside holding water? Help please thanks

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: newbie help

Bass Hunters are made from ABS Plastic. These can be solvent bonded. They can be patched with squares of more ABS and with a glue made from MEK solvent and plastic saw dust from cutting ABS. If you can get some scraps of ABS plastic and cut some shavings into a glass jar and then pour some MEK onto them the MEK will melt the shavings into a glue like the factory sent you before. With some more Glass cloth you can repair the boat. How heavy is it? If foam is waterlogged it should be significantly heavier than one that is not. Inspect the hull REALLY well for any cracks. Check the seams. Make note when you have it in the water, what parts are submerged and what is not. You are going to have to really check her out to determine where the water is entering. Those boats are not fiberglass and do require a special adhesive for patching.

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: newbie help

we need pics to see this critter....

i dont know if the patch kit is the proper one for the job