New Project

ampedzach

Seaman Apprentice
Hey, I just bought a 1969 Bayliner that I've been working on. It needs a completely new deck, so I've been working on the demolition for that. I'm going to start sanding down a lot of the fiberglass and get things ready for the build part of the project. I got stuck though, cause I can't figure out how to disconnect the Out drive from the block. Can anyone help me figure out how to do that?

Thanks, Zach

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: New Project

Remove the outdrive from the back of the boat. The ujoint shaft just slides into the coupler (back of the engine). Then just remove the back 2 bolts holding the flywheel cover to the transom shield.
Go to the link below, section 2 covers removal of what ever engine and drive you have.
http://boatinfo.no/lib/mercruiser/manuals/mercruiser1.html#/6

Bondo

Staff member
Re: New Project

Hey, I just bought a 1969 Bayliner that I've been working on. It needs a completely new deck, so I've been working on the demolition for that. I'm going to start sanding down a lot of the fiberglass and get things ready for the build part of the project. I got stuck though, cause I can't figure out how to disconnect the Out drive from the block. Can anyone help me figure out how to do that?

Thanks, Zach

Ayuh,... My Question is,... Who's outdrive, 'n What motor,..??