evinrude fuel problem

can't agree

Recruit
need help. I just acquired a 1992 6 hp evinrude low hours all original has been siting in a garage for 10 years. owner reports motor was in perfect running order when he winterized it. Motor only starts when primed with premix in carb.only stays running for a few seconds.I removed carb, dissambled, 2plus2 with compress air all passages was very clean like new. check fuel pump screen clean ,filter in gas can clean, new gas hose assmb. What did I overlook?? Need Help..
Thanks Charlie

64osby

Admiral
Re: evinrude fuel problem

Check your fuel pump. Pump the bulb while trying to start it and see if the added pressure keeps it running longer.

I would also rebuild the carb not just clean it. If it fires you have a fuel delivery issue. Tank, hose, pump, carb. it should be one of those, but would focus on the pump or carb.

Good luck.

can't agree

Recruit

Good Morring, No, pumping the primmer bulb has no efect on trying to keep engine runing I will pull carb off and go through it again I must have overlook something Thanks for your help Charlie

can't agree

Recruit

Good Morring, No, pumping the primmer bulb has no efect on trying to keep engine runing I will pull carb off and go through it again I must have overlook something Thanks for your help Charlie

Well don't you know their was a speck of crud smaller than the paint spots on my bifocals in main jet runs ok now
on to the water pump impeller that went away after sitting for 10 years. imagine that. Charlie