Sea king 3 parts help?

tazman052186

Recruit
New to the forums and Im looking for some help on my Sea King 3 model number 45 GG9004A. Picked it up for my little boat. Im having a hard time finding parts for it. Im looking for a carb kit, coil, and points. Im hoping to get it running this summer to get out on the lake and do some fishing. Please anyone who has info it would be a big help. This is my first boat motor i have worked on and not sure where to start looking for parts. Its not like a lawn mower where I can find them like nothing. The only thing that I have found is that it is like a Gale 3D11 and thats all I can find.

Thanks
Jason

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sea king 3 parts help?

You will never find a carb kit for it because none were ever made for it. You have to order individual parts. Some are obsolete.

As for the coil etc, that is easy. Get them right here at iboats. That motor has the OMC Universal Magneto which was used on all Johnson and Evinrude single and twin cylinder motors of the mid 1950's up into the 1970's. You won't find the Gale in the listings, so just pick any other J/E motor of the time period. Magneto electrical parts are all the same.