New Larson owner, anything I need to know?

VegaSS

Cadet
Just purchased a 2007 Larson LXI 228. It's got a 5.7 volvo penta w/ dual props. Test drive went great yesturday, and we should be picking it up tomarrow! Are there any tips from experienced owners that I should know? This is my first boat, and want to be ready for as much as possible. Any care or maintenence tips would be great. :D

jshaver2121

Recruit
Re: New Larson owner, anything I need to know?

Just purchased a 2007 Larson LXI 228. It's got a 5.7 volvo penta w/ dual props. Test drive went great yesturday, and we should be picking it up tomarrow! Are there any tips from experienced owners that I should know? This is my first boat, and want to be ready for as much as possible. Any care or maintenence tips would be great. :D

I'm with you just bought the same boat, except 5.0

pwhoel

Cadet
Re: New Larson owner, anything I need to know?

Use common sense and you will be fine. I have a 2002 larson 210lxi with a 5.0 and love it. I bought it in 2006, so i have had it 6 years now. All i have ever had to do to the boat is routine maintenance to it. I cannot say enough for the quality of the boat. Don't get me wrong, I take care of my stuff but also have a wife, 4 small kids, and plenty of family that go out with us and the boat is pretty much in the shape it was when i bought it and it runs just as strong. Plenty of tubing, skiing, etc. and she still runs like a champ.

Like I said just use common sense and you will be fine. If something doesn't feel/seem right don't just ignore it. With boats the little things will only turn into big things if ignored. Enjoy it and have fun!