Sea King 9hp (clinton) my latest problem

have1

Cadet
well this is a 78-79? clinton made sea king ---K900 6106A / 1420554 / XTV S2309A.

it started slipping out of forward gear and quickly lost it alltogether, so i opened the lower unit and and found the worn parts, no i did not replace them and yes i know it is the obvious best choice if i can locate any. But, i managed to to machine the worn parts back to a point where i felt like it should interlock and stay in gear just fine at least for a temporary fix. so put it back together and it worked a little at first then went completley again.
so i take it apart expecting to find it as bad or worse than before, but there doesnt seem to really be much wear. I get the feeling i might have lost a washer or spacer somewhere along the way but cannot find it and never saw one to start with, So the main thing i want to ask is if anyone has a diagram of the lower unit on this model or one even close so i can rule out if i lost something or not. and if this happens not to be the problem does anone have an idea what could be causing it to slip out of gear at this point.

thanks