I almost lost my boat!

hostage

Lieutenant
Normally I do everything electronically. This past fall I stored my boat in a large private barn. Since I normally do everything over the internet I have a paper trail. Though for this CList ad I called and arranged everything. So as the boating season approached, for the life of me I couldn't find any information about where I stored my boat, the guys name, or the number. The place is about 30mins away from my house.

I looked though emails, then remembered I called them. So I looked up my bank history found the check #, checked my checkbook that I wrote the check and found the guys name. Then I looked up my cellphone bill online and looked at the date I wrote the check and only saw 1 number I didn't recognized. I called the number and sure enough it was the guy that is storing my boat.

Found out that I can keep it there till March 1st and now I have my peace of mind restored :)

Moral of the story, don't get complacent with the internet.

-Hostage

tpenfield

Staff member
Re: I almost lost my boat!

You would have gotten a "C'm on Man" if you did lose your boat.

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class

Next Storage War item up for bid.......... :)

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Found out that I can keep it there till March 1st and now I have my peace of mind restored :)

-Hostage

According to my calendar.................. today is March 9th :eek: am I reading your post the right way????? :confused:

oops!

Supreme Mariner

According to my calendar.................. today is March 9th :eek: am I reading your post the right way????? :confused:

unless its march first next year....you are right on track bob.

to the op.......

so.......uh.......

let me see if i got this right.

you called a guy off a cl add...you cut a deal for storage...but you had it delivered ....you never delivered it there.....never saw it for months...never talked to the storage barn....didnt even know the addy of where it was.......just paid a guy some money and sent your boat to him....?

HMMMMMMMMMM :facepalm:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Another moral of this story. If you do stuff like this don't tell anybody ;)

QC

Supreme Mariner

And don't post stuff like this:

I store mine at $35-40/month, which is across the street from the boat launch. I can launch my boat quicker than someone who docks theirs at a Marina, normally because they have bird poo all over their boat and have to clean it up. Also the boat doesn't sink when it is not in the water and less buildup on the hull.
How the heck did you lose a boat stored across the street from the launch ramp?

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

unless its march first next year....you are right on track bob.

To the op.......

So.......uh.......

Let me see if i got this right.

You called a guy off a cl add...you cut a deal for storage...but you had it delivered ....you never delivered it there.....never saw it for months...never talked to the storage barn....didnt even know the addy of where it was.......just paid a guy some money and sent your boat to him....?

Hmmmmmmmmmm :facepalm:

busted! ..lol

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

He clearly remembers that he forgot the location of any contact information? But was able to deductably find it through reasoning your boats name issn't Sherlock is it? And I'm with ooop's on this H'mmmmmmm !!!!

FlaCowboy

Ensign

Normally I do everything electronically. This past fall I stored my boat in a large private barn. Since I normally do everything over the internet I have a paper trail. Though for this CList ad I called and arranged everything. So as the boating season approached, for the life of me I couldn't find any information about where I stored my boat, the guys name, or the number. The place is about 30mins away from my house.

I looked though emails, then remembered I called them. So I looked up my bank history found the check #, checked my checkbook that I wrote the check and found the guys name. Then I looked up my cellphone bill online and looked at the date I wrote the check and only saw 1 number I didn't recognized. I called the number and sure enough it was the guy that is storing my boat.

-Hostage

:eek: Soooooo...."that" is what winterizing a boat does to a fellow:confused:
I Hope it is Shrink Wrapped:D

sublauxation

Lieutenant

After reading this post and the comments I'm almost afraid to admit that I've done the same thing. It was a busy fall and I put my boat in a new barn on very short notice. I can't find the contact info but I'm hoping it shows up. I know within about a 5 square mile radius where it's at so I may get to do some country driving?

Moody Blue

Captain

Seriously? You take your boat someplace in the fall and can't remember where you left it? :confused:
Maybe take a GPS with you next time and mark the location with a waypoint for future reference :D

Summer Fun

Banned

I think adult soda's were involved with Hostage's post. :eek:.

River_Lizard

Petty Officer 1st Class

After reading this post and the comments I'm almost afraid to admit that I've done the same thing. It was a busy fall and I put my boat in a new barn on very short notice. I can't find the contact info but I'm hoping it shows up. I know within about a 5 square mile radius where it's at so I may get to do some country driving?

Are you sure you own a boat?

Tim Frank

Vice Admiral
I almost lost my boat

I almost lost my boat

Actually, you DID lose your boat.
Happily, you found it again.... :D

fishrdan

Admiral

I think March 1st was just an honest mistake, a typo, brain fart, etc.

I'm guessing he actually meant April 1st... :D