Shopping for new outboard

I'm in the market for a new 15hp Tohatsu, the best price I've found is at outboardsonline.com. My question is has anyone had any experience with that company. I am extremely cautious of on line purchases especiallt $2500.

cyclops2

Banned
Re: Shopping for new outboard

Call 1 of your credit card companies. They DO HAVE a crappy places list. They do not like troubles either.

BonairII

Commander

When you stick to larger(reputable) online sites....you're pretty safe. It's when you start searching for rock-bottom prices(on anything) that you start getting into sites that might be a bit iffy.

Appreciate your thoughts and advise. Had mt bank do the research and they felt it would be a save company to deal with. Ordered my 15 hp electric start Tohatsu today, I'll report back on the results. Thanks again.

whofan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have heard that the small Mercurys are Tohatsus.
Also heard that the small Evinrudes of the non Etec kind are also Tohatsu.
I don`t know how small the Etec line goes?
I`d buy a Mercury if I worried at all about the dealer.
Honda is also a great choice.

Reporting back as promised; ordered the 4 stroke Tohatsu from Outboardsonline on Thursday, March 8th and received it Tuesday, March 13th. Finally got it in the water today, started right up and ran perfect.

bbstacker1

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Congrats on the new motor and happy boating. Just curious what do you have it on and how does it push it.