Which 3.0 would work with 120 outdrive

Which 3.0 would most easily work with this outdrive and could it be 140HP?

I would like to get everything needed for a new install including wiring harness

As described on Craigslist.

"Complete 120 Mercruiser Stern Drive Assembly as shown in picture below. ****Serial # 2367047 64 thru 72****Note this was a California fresh water boat and the drive is in very good condition ***"

120 Mercruser.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Which 3.0 would work with 120 outdrive

Which 3.0 would most easily work with this outdrive and could it be 140HP?

I would like to get everything needed for a new install including wiring harness

As described on Craigslist.

"Complete 120 Mercruiser Stern Drive Assembly as shown in picture below. ****Serial # 2367047 64 thru 72****Note this was a California fresh water boat and the drive is in very good condition ***"

View attachment 135098

Ayuh,.... Not sure I understand yer question....

That's Not the best drive to be transplantin', as it's so old, many parts for it are NLA...
Look for an MC-1, from the later 70s, or better yet, an Alpha from the early mid-80s...

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: Which 3.0 would work with 120 outdrive

^^^ Correct, that is an ooold drive (late 60's?). It would be better to find something more recent and serviceable.

What are you planning to do with this drive, and then the engine you source elsewhere? When doing a transplant most people find a "donor boat" (old glasser that's rotten) and strip the running gear off it. This way you have every little nut and bolt necessary to put it back together.