Splashwell question

juicebox

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I will be the proud owner of a new old starcraft holiday 18 1969 in about 4 days.(when i finish a tiling job) i was wondering if anyone has lowered the splashwell and moved it back/ shortened it. I searched for awhile but didn't see what i was looking for.I was thinking about making it into a casting deck/walking platform like on the newer boats. it would require me to lower the cross brace in the back of the boat atleast a foot. if anyone has done this or could point me to a thread thatr has a little info it would be much appreciated. THANKS GUYS.

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Splashwell question

Welcome to the Starmada. MichaelP did a 1st class job of shortening the splashwell on his Chieftan. Just smaller but not lower. Check out his thread here http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=472217 The splashwell stuff starts about post #354. Have fun and post pics!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to Tin Heaven, juice. Good find on the Holiday. This thread (jasonoutside) has a shortened splashwell starting at post 232 or there abouts. Have fun and pics when you can.

juicebox

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thanks for the replies guys. 3 more days and it's mine. not sure when i'll get to doing the work, i like to do alot of research befor i start cutting metal.

juicebox

Petty Officer 3rd Class

here is a couple of pics although i didn't bring it home today. have about three hours left of work at the guys house, but tomorrow it will be in my driveway. it needs some paint when the weather breaks and maybe a bench seat in the back for when i'm not walleye fishing. i have to say i'm pretty psyched about being a starcraft owner.the johnson doesn't come with the boat, it has an 87 suzuki 115, and a johnson 7.5 sailmaster as the kicker. should be a nice boat for trolling and family time. wish it was a 22, but theres alwayas next year right guys.

Attachments

• th_tubing032.jpg
    th_tubing032.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 2
  • th_starcraftfinish033.jpg
    th_starcraftfinish033.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 2
  • starcraftfinish033.jpg
    starcraftfinish033.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 2
  • tubing032.jpg
    tubing032.jpg