Benny tri toon compared to sun tracker 25 tritoon

frfly172

Seaman
What does the forum think about these two boats , any comments appreciated. Thanks Ron

Lawnmedic

Seaman
Re: Benny tri toon compared to sun tracker 25 tritoon

Not sure about the tri toon made by Sun Tracker. But Bennington offer 3 or 4 different tri toon configurations. Each one will due different tings better.
I went with a Bennington with 2 elliptical toons with lifting strakes. Decided it was best setup for us.

Jeep Man

Commander

I have a Sun Tracker, so one might think I am biased. Sun Tracker and Bennington aren't even in the same class. Consider the Bennington as the Mercedes and the Sun Tracker as a Dodge. But that being said, I quite like my ride.

rt_hawley

Seaman

Gotta agree with Jeep Man on this one. I looked at toons for almost three years before I finally found one that met all the requirements that I had for a pontoon boat. I researched a lot of different manufacturers offerings, both Benningtons and Sun Trackers among them. Without a doubt, the quality of the Bennington furniture, the plushness of the cushions and the attention to detailing is pretty much second to none. Having said that, the Sun Tracker is a great boat as well. As Jeep Man said, if you want a "Mercedes", you're gonna have to pay for it. I guess it's just a matter of deciding whether it's worth it to you to pay a bunch more money for a few upgrades, or if you'd be happy with a "Dodge" that does the same job but maybe doesn't look quite as fancy.

Rob

a1nowell

Chief Petty Officer

Let's face it folks if the toon is round and is the same size, the suspension is pretty much the same. Now if the toons are different sizes or shapes the suspension can change. But what you see up above the deck is all about style. I like the ride of my JC Tritoon with their u shape toons. When I plane her out I can look back and see the plugs. Rides smooth!

Lawnmedic

Seaman

Gotta agree with Jeep Man on this one. I looked at toons for almost three years before I finally found one that met all the requirements that I had for a pontoon boat. I researched a lot of different manufacturers offerings, both Benningtons and Sun Trackers among them. Without a doubt, the quality of the Bennington furniture, the plushness of the cushions and the attention to detailing is pretty much second to none. Having said that, the Sun Tracker is a great boat as well. As Jeep Man said, if you want a "Mercedes", you're gonna have to pay for it. I guess it's just a matter of deciding whether it's worth it to you to pay a bunch more money for a few upgrades, or if you'd be happy with a "Dodge" that does the same job but maybe doesn't look quite as fancy.

Rob

All I can say is, don't be scared by those "List" prices dealers show on the Benningtons. When I compared similar setups between boats, including "Bass Pro" the Benningtons were not out of line in price.

frfly172

Seaman

Thanks to all going to Tampa boat show hoping to compare models thanks again R on