4.3l v6 ???

chriswoodall83

Recruit
We just bought a 1993 Chaparral Sunesta 220 with a 4.3L V6 with Yamaha outdrive. The man we bought the boat from said that it had been repowered in 2007 with a crate 4.3L V6 from GM. It was missing the carb when we bought it. I'm trying to find out what carb i need to put back on there. The motor cover says its a 4.3L V6 Powered by Yamaha. So do I have a GM 4.3L or a Yamaha 4.3L or how do i determine which motor i have? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 4.3l v6 ???

We just bought a 1993 Chaparral Sunesta 220 with a 4.3L V6 with Yamaha outdrive. The man we bought the boat from said that it had been repowered in 2007 with a crate 4.3L V6 from GM. It was missing the carb when we bought it. I'm trying to find out what carb i need to put back on there. The motor cover says its a 4.3L V6 Powered by Yamaha. So do I have a GM 4.3L or a Yamaha 4.3L or how do i determine which motor i have? Thanks in advance for your help.

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,.... Sorry to hear that....

Yamaha was only in the North American market for 2 years, 'n there's NO parts support, at All....

Yer base motor/ long block is a GM motor, Marinized by Yamaha...

I don't know what Yamaha used for carbs...
An Edlebrock 1409 might be an alternative...

chriswoodall83

Recruit

Wonderful!!!! So i may end up having to get an adapter plate as well for the carb or are the mounting holes for the two carbs the same?2012-01-10 07.51.03 (2).jpg

Bondo

Staff member

Wonderful!!!! So i may end up having to get an adapter plate as well for the carb or are the mounting holes for the two carbs the same?View attachment 134832

Ayuh,.... Just guessin' at this point, it appears in yer picture that an Edlebrock 1409 might be a copy of what was there...

The manifold throat looks to be spread-bore(aka: rochester), with a square-bore bolt pattern(aka: AFB/ Edlebrock/ Holley)...

The fuel line layin' there, looks like it might fit the Edlebrock too...

Donno what you've got to work with, as for the linkages,...
You've got the choke stove, so you can use that, or go electric....

chriswoodall83

Recruit

Also is there a spacer that is supposed to go between the carb and the intake or does the carb sit directly on the intake?