15 HP Johnson

Hi All

I was given a 15 HP Johnson the only problem is it was submerged. The PO had it on a jon boat and left it on the lake when the rains came. Well it filled the boat and submerged it. I was wondering if there was a chance to be able to fire it up again. Thanks for your time.

James

sutor623

Rear Admiral
Re: 15 HP Johnson

Awww man sounds like a parts motor. :) Is it locked up or does it spin freely? Also has the motor ever been started since, or did they leave the poor little guy to rust? And was it salt water or fresh water?

Fresh water. He said that he pulled the plugs and spun it but never got it started. When he put the plugs back in he said it wouldn't spin.
Thanks
James

jmendoza

Petty Officer 1st Class

Me thinks a replacement lower unit is in order...

Thanks for the link raczekp1 that is just what I was looking for. Now I just have to see how long its been. I was supposed to go pick it up then my wife got the call for her organ transplant and that got pushed to the side. Maybe I'll get lucky but the price is right.
Thanks again everyone.
James

So far so good. Had the transplant on 2/22 and the organs started working immediately. It was actually a double kidney and pancreas. We are actually waiting on the paperwork so we can go home.
Thanks
James

sutor623

Rear Admiral

Oh my gosh! That is huge =( Was it diabetes if you don't mind me asking? My dad is awaiting a liver transplant as we speak.

Yeah. Youngest diagnosed in 1976. Type 1 been a diabetic for over 30 yrs. Not bad considering they said she wouldn't live to see high school. We graduated in 1993. So it has been along wait and battle but she finally got it. Bot did it happen quick. I was at work then all of a sudden we are racing to Dallas for blood work then back to Fort Worth to the hospital. But she is definately worth it.
James