johnson 115

CHRIS1718

Cadet
I have a johnson 115 motor trying to change impeller but cat seem to get lower unit down is there a certin way to disconect **** linkage.

edfishing2

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: johnson 115

If you have the lower unit moving down ( you have all bolts off including the hidden ones ) The last thing (1984) on mine is the shift rod. They did a good job of hiding the shift rod. Have someone move the throttle on the control back from forward to reverse and you should see the shift rod moving. Mine has a hex head screw that is tapered on one end. You need an extension to get to it and the head is only like 3/8 I think. Anyway have the lower unit supported or put a couple of the bolts back in and take this screw out with the control in neutral. Then take the screw/bolts back and and FYI yo have to have quite a bit of room to slide it off. Pay attention to the exhaust adapter/gaskets and the pipe for the water flow. It can be a finger masher.

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner
Re: johnson 115

You will need to unscrew and remove the pin in the clevis. Under the bottom carb on the port side of the engine. You will find a 1/4" socket drive set with a swivel will be helpful. You may find the factory exploded parts diagram helpful. It's on the web: epc.brp.com