sears gamefisher 3 hp

pointblank1000

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So, how can one find the year for these motors? 220-02-011-d.
I think 1984 thru 2004 but not sure.

woodsailboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: sears gamefisher 3 hp

Hi I believe that you can get the year for that motor by going to www.searspartsdirect.com. If you type in the model number in the box on the home page. Also gamefisher stoped production in 1996 so that should narrow it down.

pointblank1000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thanks woodsailboat but no where can i find the year. Most areas will say between 1984 and 1992 but no specific year. Maybe it's in the serial number, huh?

woodsailboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

look at the power head assembly photo at the sears website I gave you and on the very bottom there should be a date and that is the year of your motor. P.S. there should also be a month before the year on the bottom but that does not necessarily mean your motor was made that month HAPPY BOATING

pointblank1000

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Can't seem to find anything on it. My serial is d141779....mod 298 586190.
Hey, also, the manual on this motor says to use "regular" gas does this mean regular unleaded or the old "regular fuel?
I bought this used from the original owner for $75 so I think I got a good deal.

woodsailboat

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well if the motor runs or is close to being able too than its definitely a good buy. As for the year I think if you take it to sears or even just call them and tell them the info you all ready have on it then you will likely get your answer. But if you just want to know out of curiosity then compare it to pictures of some online then you should narrow down to within 2-5 years of when it was made. I have a 1977 gamefisher 7.5 hp and I use regular 87 and it does just fine. GOOD LUCK

FLAfishin

Recruit

i have Tanaka Gamefisher 3hp motor for parts if anybody needs one ( only thing not usable is plastic carb cover, gas lines, and throttle handle and cable )