Tiny black stopper/plug looking things in my carb kit, where do they go? NS70C Nissan

ShawnQ

Chief Petty Officer
I purchased the following kit: 3F3871221M

It is for a 99 Nissan NS70C

I dismantled the carbs today, and I've got a place for every part in my kit except for these small black stopper/plugs. They are not much larger than a pencil lead.

3F3871221M.jpgp

The part in question is on the far right. It is not the plug that covers the low-speed orifice. It's much smaller.

Thanks in advance,
Shawn

pvanv

Admiral
Re: Tiny black stopper/plug looking things in my carb kit, where do they go? NS70C Ni

Can you post a picture?

ShawnQ

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Tiny black stopper/plug looking things in my carb kit, where do they go? NS70C Ni

2012-02-26 10.26.21.jpg2012-02-26 10.26.32.jpg
Can you post a picture?

There are a few pics. I don't see the part on the carbs I took off...

Thanks!

ShawnQ

Chief Petty Officer

Figured it out, it goes in the top of the needle valve.

Now, another question, does the main nozzle have to be turned a certain way so the orifices face certain directions?

pvanv

Admiral

Nope. Seat the threads in the bore. Gently, of course.

ShawnQ

Chief Petty Officer

well the main nozzle is not threaded but the main jet is. The jet screws down on top of the nozzle. My concern is the orifices In the nozzle just below the jet. They are horizontal, one opposite the other. If these two orifices are not directly inline with the hole between the hi speed and low speed bore, will it affect anything?

You can turn the main nozzle freely. I'm afraid that it will turn when I install the jet.

pvanv

Admiral

Not a problem. Just drop it in, seat the jet, and go.