My New Outboard Stand. You guys will love this. :D

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral
So, while I was surfing around Craigslist a couple days ago, I found this. I'm thinkin' "Hell yeah" exactly what I need and it's a nice new tool for my outboard motor tinkering. It's capable of handling a 150hp Merc, so it'll handle my needs really well. I just hung a 40hp Johnson on it and it rolls around nicely. When I saw the one HighTrim has, I thought, yea, I want to make one of those. But with a short drive out to Hagg Lake, I picked one up. I do want to add some bells and whistles to it and spruce it up. I'll mount a battery box to it and wire it up with a key switch. It even has a nice platform on it, so I can set a small test tank on it. Woohoo!!

outboardmotorstand2.jpg

outboardmotorstand1.jpg

This is the motor I got with the $100 Sabre Craft I recently bought.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: My New Outboard Stand. You guys will love this. :D

Looks nice and sturdy. Did the bottom 2 bolts fall out of the "transom" board?

Ive been looking for a nice original Johnson stand for the 35hp motors. I have found 1 in the last year but the price tag was crazy! Seems like the guys that have them hand onto them.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Actually there wasn't any bottom bolts installed. Pretty spooky, after having a 150 merc on it, huh? This thing is set up, so I can lower it though, which I will for the motors that I work on. I got this one for a whopping $60.

nwcove

Admiral

i built something that looks alot like that for a a 25 hp,(all wood) with the dolley wheels, sold the the motor, but i use it now , with a 20 gal tank set on the stand, it works great. i do wish i would have put some rake on the stand tho, but its great for testing small motors.

buckage

Seaman Apprentice

No this looks lit a terrific idea! I am in process of swapping out my Evinrude 255 with Twin Johnson Ocean runners...THe thing weighs 450lbs and I need a way to get it off and be able to move it around.....still runs strong so I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon but it would be nice to be able to run it occasionally and be able to run it if anyone was interested....looks like this design will fit the bill! Any chance it will tip over? Really like the idea of adding the key switch and gas and battery.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

The guy I bought it from had a 150 Merc, inline six, so it seems to be pretty stable. If you build one, it wouldn't hurt to go a little wider on it. This will be a nice sample, incase I build a couple more in the future.

Rayzor

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, that stand should really move out with that big twin mounted on it. How fast you figure? ;)

dazk14

Ensign

Wow, that stand should really move out with that big twin mounted on it. How fast you figure? ;)

A lot faster than the poor homeless guy pushing around his shopping cart that's missing its wheels!

Davem3

Chief Petty Officer

A lot faster than the poor homeless guy pushing around his shopping cart that's missing its wheels!

he is missing his wheels because he sold them to me for my engine stand ...............:facepalm: