i'm a bit stumped ..carb or fuel

fishfeatures

Senior Chief Petty Officer
johnson 89 60hp

Have been having trouble with getting a new to me powerhead idleing.. Have good spark , and compression is within range 120,113,120.

SO

I went ahead last nite and pulled the carbs apart, soaked them, ran wire through them and compressed air to finish off, then put them on today.

Now the darn thing won't start unless I choke it loads and won't keep going unless i choke it every2 secs ( this is on muffs not even in water)

I crank the engine and the pump is pulsing fuel out. all lines are new and no kinks, I think that by cleaning the carbs I have made my issue worse.
How is this possible?? I guess I'll pull them again is there any thing else I should do?

Oh Lync and sync done according to OMC manual and timing was ok 2 weeks ago when checked.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner
Re: i'm a bit stumped ..carb or fuel

She is running lean. Did you pull the orifice plugs?

fishfeatures

if by plugs you mean jets ? then yes they were all extracted. running lean I couldn't tell you that it's not running long enough but am not getiing sneezing and I have adjusted the screws out at times to make sure they are not lean.

nwcove

Admiral

ht meant the welch plugs......if you didnt remove them, they will be the nickel sized aluminum plugs leftover in the kits

fishfeatures

ht meant the welch plugs......if you didnt remove them, they will be the nickel sized aluminum plugs leftover in the kits

sorry my mistake. Top plug was removed and wire ran through those holes.

HighTrim

Supreme Mariner

Maybe check around for possible air leaks. What is the condition of the fuel line at the fittings?

fishfeatures

they are new lines and tee pieces. I think I'll take them back off an re post findings