? about possible modification to bayliner capri......

projectcop

Seaman Apprentice
Hi guys;
I have a 16' 1984 Bayliner Capri cuddy with outboard. I was wondering; can I eliminate the plastic 6 gallon tank just in front of the transom and put a real tank (10-12 gallon) under the floor? And if so, what other mods would have to be made to make it work? I will be putting in a new floor soon and would like to do it all at once, if possible.

Thanks for any help you can give me....
George

oops!

Supreme Mariner
Re: ? about possible modification to bayliner capri......

hi george....

no problem.....

belly tanks came standard on that boat....

when you do the deck,,,,,the stringers run either side of center line....a good foot or so......this gives you lots of room for the tank.

the only mods you will have to do is to make bulkheads fore and aft of the tank......no big deal there.

you will also need a fill hose.....a gas cap.....a vent hose.....and wiring for the sender.

no big deal at all !

when you actually do the deck....join us in the restoration section here......we call it the dry dock.
we can guide you thru the job, and answer any questions you have....

projectcop

Seaman Apprentice

hi george....

no problem.....

belly tanks came standard on that boat....

So, would mine already have one hiding in there somewhere? Or would I just be able to go find one in a salvage yard along with the other bits and pieces?

when you do the deck,,,,,the stringers run either side of center line....a good foot or so......this gives you lots of room for the tank.

the only mods you will have to do is to make bulkheads fore and aft of the tank......no big deal there.

Yes, I can handle that part.

you will also need a fill hose.....a gas cap.....a vent hose.....and wiring for the sender.

no big deal at all !

when you actually do the deck....join us in the restoration section here......we call it the dry dock.
we can guide you thru the job, and answer any questions you have....

Yes, I have actually been researching in that section; reading threads from others who have done the floors in their boats. I have picked up many great ideas and tips to make it easier, and a better finished project. You guys are awsome in the way you help each other out. This is a great forum!!

So my plans are belly tank, bilge pump, check stringers, new foam, new floor, custom dual battery set-up w/perko switch, pedestal seats (more room for fishing), biminy top, a kicker to hang on the existing bracket for it, paint, wiring, hubs and wheels and tires for the trailer. Whew!! Lotta work......

Philster

Captain

Lotta work? When did hobbies become work?!

:p