St Johns River, FL - Lemon Bluff rope swing beach

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer
It's about that time again for BBQ'n, tube'n and fun times at the Lemon Bluff rope swing beach out by Osteen on the St Johns River. We get a good crowd of 30-50 boats usually on Sundays from March - November and it's always a fun and borderline debaucherous affair. The more the merrier..! Hope to see you all there..

Map: http://g.co/maps/feg3u

Last summer: http://i.imgur.com/sJR7c.jpg

BIGALF

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: St Johns River, FL - Lemon Bluff rope swing beach

I usually go North from Sanford to Blue Springs. Whenever I went south I usually got lost or stuck in muck. What is the best way to find you guys? I would love to meet new boater friendsIMG_0088_2.jpg

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer

Best thing to do is launch at Mullet Lake Park and then run south/east from there. If you're coming from Lake Monroe you can make it through the slough area after 415 but you need to know the way to go.. and it's unmarked. Mullet Lake has nice ramps, bathrooms and parking. Head out 46 towards Geneva and take a left just after the bridge as if you're going towards the landfill. Left at the blinking yellow light until it dead ends into the park.

Two totally different worlds.. the north side of Lake Monroe and the south. The north side gets more of the Heathrow crowd it seems and the south side is way more good ol' boy and country side since you're out by the Osteen/Lake Harney area. Way less LEO action and more of a party atmosphere..

You can't miss the beach as it's about 4 miles east of Mullet Lake on your right hand side. You'll see boats lining the whole thing and people having one heck of a good time. If you go under the huge power lines, you've gone too far.. but if you want a nice run you can go all the way to Lake Harney. There's a fish camp on the other side of the lake that you can pull up to and grab a bite and a beer if you'd like as well.

There are a couple of old BBQ grills that live up on the beach permanently, so bring grillables if you like. We always bring something to throw on and just know that there will be some spare hot coals somewhere among everyone.. :D

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer

Google Maps.jpg

Here's a simple map on navigating the main channel from Hwy 415/Gator's Dockside to Hwy 46. It's a plenty deep enough for large boats..

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

You say plenty deep enough for larger boats. What's your definition of "plenty deep"?

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer

I get 10ft at average water line all the way through the main channel of the slough..

mark1905

Chief Petty Officer

It's a beautiful day for some Lemon Bluff..

I would love to go out there too. I hope my boat can be completed in the next few weeks. Im in sanford too. I have always been afraid of getting stuck or lost on the south side of lk monroe, but i hated being pulled over every mile for safety check north or lk monroe.