To Atlantis!!

skyaggie

Seaman Apprentice
I saw this picture today and it made me laugh pretty hard. I think its the caption that makes it.

If your gonna make an expensive mistake, might as well get something out of it... like a good chuckle:)

Attachments

• internet-memes-lol.jpg
    internet-memes-lol.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 0

skyaggie

Seaman Apprentice
Re: To Atlantis!!

It looks to me like it was being hoisted out of a dry dock on cables and the front cables gave way. If you look hard you can see them.

Either way, its a horrible mistake.... Hope they were insured

southkogs

Staff member

If I'm not mistaken, that was the original launch for a new purchase. If you find the image without the text on it ... the new owner is riding right at the stern. Hangin' on for dear life. I think she totally capsized by the time it was all done.

Maclin

Admiral

Southkogs, you are correct. I think the boat started moving around on the crane just as they were getting it over the side of the hauling ship, and it bumped something from the rear and that started the chain of events that ended up with it sliding bow first out of the sling. There were several people on it at the time, not sure how that works over "here" but in Dubai I guess it is ok to do that! There is video floating around out there somewhere on it.

bassman284

Commander

I seem to remember that video was linked here at SHT a few years ago.