2001 nissan 25hp starter kit question

barracuda7199

Recruit
i have a 2001 nissan 25hp tiller i am trying to figure out which starter kit i need. i have found some but there is two different types. which do i need? and yes i know it is expensive....

pvanv

Admiral
Re: 2001 nissan 25hp starter kit question

Remember that year means nothing on these motors; precise model/serial is critical. I'm guessing that you have an NS25C3 2-stroke, right? The differences relate to whether you have a Tiller-steered model or a remote-steered model. On the Remote model, you will want an electric choke, activated by the push-to-choke feature of the ignition switch on the RC box. That of course doesn't apply to a tiller motor, so there is your difference.

For the F type (tiller steered), the correct kit is 3P0763000M ELECTRIC START KIT F TYPE $579.20
You also will need 398760830M ACTUATOR, NEUTRAL SWITCH $7.47
and 346760820M PLATE, NEUTRAL SWITCH $3.43

These are available from any dealer, including me.

barracuda7199

Recruit

thanks yeah it is ns25c3 i understand the difference and i really don't understand why the price of the kit is so expensive. it blows me away how much it is. but i do know that boat means break out another thousand!!!!

pvanv

Admiral

thanks yeah it is ns25c3 i understand the difference and i really don't understand why the price of the kit is so expensive. it blows me away how much it is. but i do know that boat means break out another thousand!!!!

To begin with, the components are sealed (so no sparking), or "marine grade". Then you need to understand that there are safety switches, wiring harnesses, solenoids, battery cables, brackets, bolts and associated bits, in addition to the starter motor itself. Also, the kit is low production. Hence the commensurate pricing. Not a popular upgrade, due to cost alone.