boating and camping on delaware river

jakdc21

Recruit
I'v been planning on going boating and camping on the Delaware for the past 2 seasons and never got a chance, i have an 18ft bow-rider and im curious how far north to Delaware water gap park can i go? I see people with deck boats my size but everyone tells me its only good for kayaks canoes and small aluminum boats. Has anyone gone camping/boating this far north?

superbenk

Commander
Re: boating and camping on delaware river

From what I understand, just above Trenton is about as far as you can go before you start hitting rocks. I think it's only dredged up to Trenton.

While we're on the subject, do you know of some good ramps up that way? I'm on the PA side west of New Hope & would love to find something a bit more convenient than going all the way down to Neshaminy to launch.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you're in the Delaware near Philadelphia you can't go further upriver than Trenton without hitting bottom. There may be navigable water further upriver near DWG but you can't get there by water from below Trenton.

I see there's a ramp off River road (state road 2028) upriver from Tock's island on the PA side. It's about 5 miles north of Rt 80. If there's a ramp, it must be navigable.

arks

Lieutenant Commander

While we're on the subject, do you know of some good ramps up that way? I'm on the PA side west of New Hope & would love to find something a bit more convenient than going all the way down to Neshaminy to launch.

There's a ramp in Trenton just south of the stadium and Trenton Marine. I think it's on Lamberton St. I stop there for lunch occasionally. Looks pretty nice.
Link with map:
http://www.trentonmarine.com/contact/index.htm